Triallyl isocyanurate, also known as Triallyl isocyanurate (TAIC), is scientifically named 1,3,5-triallyl monotriazine-2.4,6-triketone. This is a multifunctional olefin monomer containing aromatic heterocycles, which is mainly used as crosslinking agent and modifier for various purposes.
1.Crosslinking modifiers for various thermoplastic plastics (polyethylene, polyvinyl chloride, chlorinated polyethylene, EVA, polystyrene, etc.). The amount of hot crosslinking is generally 1-3%. Additional dicumyl peroxide (DCP) was 0.2-1%. The dosage of irradiation cross-linking is 0.5-2%, without adding DCP. Crosslinking can significantly improve the heat resistance, flame retardancy, solvent resistance, mechanical strength and electrical properties of the products. It can significantly improve the product quality and has no odor than crosslinking with peroxide alone. Typically used in polyethylene, polyethylene/chlorinated polyethylene, polyethylene/EVA cross-linked cable and polyethylene high and low foam products.
2. Ethylene propylene rubber, various fluorine rubber, CPE and other special rubber vulcanizing AIDS (with DCP, the general dosage is 0.5-4%) can significantly shorten the vulcanization time, improve strength, wear resistance, solubility and corrosion resistance.
3. The crosslinking agent of acrylic acid and styrene ion exchange resin has less dosage and higher quality than divinylbenzene cross-linking agent. It can prepare ion exchange resin with excellent properties such as pollution resistance, high strength, macroporous strength, heat resistance, acid and alkali resistance and oxidation resistance. This is a new type of ion exchange resin which has been developed recently at home and abroad and has excellent prospects.
4. Modifiers such as polyacrylate and polyalkyl acrylate can significantly improve the heat resistance, optical properties and processing properties. They are typically used in the heat resistance modification of ordinary plexiglass.
5. Modifiers of epoxy resin and DAP resin can improve heat resistance, adhesion, mechanical strength and dimensional stability. Typically used for modification of epoxy filling and encapsulating materials..
6. The crosslinking agent and modifier of unsaturated polyester and thermoplastic polyester can significantly improve the heat resistance, chemical corrosion resistance, dimensional stability, weatherability and mechanical properties. Typically, the service temperature of hot-pressed unsaturated polyester fiberglass reinforced plastics products can be raised to more than 180 C.
7. The homopolymer of TAIC itself, polytriallyl isotrimer, is a kind of transparent, hardness, heat-resistant and electrical insulation resin, which can be used to bond glass and ceramics. Typically used to manufacture multi-layer safety glass.
8。850 and acrylic acid, styrene, acrylonitrile and so on emulsion graft copolymerization reaction, can prepare the PVC, PS and other thermoplastic plastic excellent impact modifier, also can directly prepare the excellent impact resistance molding plastic。
9. The protective agent of heat resistance, radiation resistance and weather resistance of metal, TAIC prepolymer is baked on metal surface. Its baked coating has excellent heat resistance, radiation resistance, weather resistance and electrical insulation. Typically used in the manufacture of microelectronic products such as printed circuit boards and other insulation materials.
10。 Intermediates of UV-curable coatings, photoresist, flame retardant and flame retardant crosslinking agent。 Typically used to synthesize high efficient flame retardant TBC and flame retardant crosslinker DABC。
3。 Physical Performance
Properties: Colorless liquid or hexagonal crystal at room temperature
Molecular weight: 249.27 specific gravity: 1.155 (30 C)
Melting point: 24 C (pure product), 17 - 21 C (industrial product) viscosity: 83 + 3 centipotes (30 C)
Boiling Point: 144 C/3mmHg, 297 C/N2, 760mmHg
Flash point: 355 C specific heat: 0.6 (40 C)
Solubility: Soluble in aromatics, halogenated hydrocarbons, naphthenes, acetone, a variety of alcohols, slightly soluble in alkanes, insoluble in water.
IV. CHEMICAL PROPERTIES
It is stable at room temperature and can be stored at room temperature for a long time. Because of three allyl groups, TAIC has the general properties of aliphatic olefins. For example, many kinds of melons are added, homopolymer and copolymer melons, when heated to over 140 C in air, self-polymelons occur and become transparent and hard homopolymer.
LD30 = 666 mg/kg in mice (oral)
Homopolymer and ethylene monomer of TAIC and thermoplastic crosslinked by TAIC are non-toxic.
VI. Quality Indicators
High-quality industrial products
White powder solid yellowish liquid or crystal colourless transparent liquid or crystal
Content (> 70% > 98% > 98%)
Acid value < 1.0 mg KOH/g < 0.5 mg KOH/g < 0.1 mg KOH/g
Melting point 18-23 C 17-21 C 17-21 C
Bromine value (> 134 177-184 184-192)